Thursday, December 10, 2015

#3 Vieques, Puerto Rico

I have actually been to Vieques for a service trip and I just loved it. The people there are so many beaches so its never to crowed at one beach. You can even jump off a little cliff into the water at one of the beaches. Vieques is a quiet island where you can just relax and hangout with your friends. There is only one supermarket on the whole island. That's how small it is but don't think because it is so small there is nothing to do.This is a beautiful island in Puerto Rico The secret creatures of the bay come alive at night to show all who's looking what they are capable of. The bioluminescent bay  looks like any other bay in the day but at night it turns into something magical. The bay lights up because of all the incredible bioluminescent organisms or you could go to the old fort that is filled with so much history about the island. When I was there I took dance lessons in the fort. It was so much fun. Something interesting that I noticed is that there are horses,chickens, and dogs just roaming around freely. They never bother you but its funny to just be chilling at the beach and then see a horse come down and cool off in the water. It's crazy . But I really recommend going there. It's not expensive and there is just so much to do on that little island and if you want to do some partying or shopping you can take a $2 ferry ride to the main island, San Juan, then go back and enjoy a quiet, relaxing nights rest.

Here of some pictures from the island:


5 comments:

  1. Puerto Rico is so beautiful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The looks amazing, I really want to go one day. I love how you described the bay at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this picture circulate the web for the longest time and never knew where this place was. It looks so pretty and magical. It sounds like such a great place, hopefully in the future I will visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds beautiful! Reading this makes me want to visit Puerto Rico

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds beautiful! Reading this makes me want to visit Puerto Rico

    ReplyDelete